What is Techvana?
TECHVANA = tech(kn)no(w)logy (nir)vana. Noun.
A Contextual Technology Experience exhibiting historical technology artifacts alongside the latest technology innovations.
Techvana is not a traditional Museum because…
- We encourage our visitors to touch and play with the exhibits, well most of them…
- Our exhibits comprise of both the old and the new…
- It’s not just about the past, but where we are today and where we are going tomorrow…
The Techvana Vision and Objectives
- Collect and restore historical computer, gaming, and telecommunications technology and display them for the public
- Capture Kiwi technology stories and preserve them for future generations
- Use collected interviews and media to create informative documentaries for the public
- Run education programmes and provide learning spaces for schools, universities, technical institutes and other IT non-profit organisations such as The New Zealand Game Developers Association, AucklandICT, Institute of IT Professionals and InternetNZ
- Organize, conduct, and host hands-on technology-related workshops for students and professionals
- Use the historical technology to contextualize current and future technologies
- Serve as an accessible social space within the city centre for IT students, professionals, enthusiasts and organizations
- Provide unique spaces for technology companies to use for their product launches, presentations and meetings
- Enable the community to participate in the ownership of the museum
- Protect and display Heritage assets for the community.
Help support Techvana and our vision…
You can make a donation to the Techvana Charitable Trust via Give A Little
Or Donate to Techvana via our Bitcoin wallet… 1Djf55SUMPn7zjotPrsCKivHRdxRFqGBFL
We are looking for more Sponsors…
Grab a deal at the Techvana Technology Store powered by Acquire where every sale helps support us.
Donate heritage technology using the Contact Us form.
Like us on Facebook and join our communities and social media using the links at the top of the page on the right…
Mentioned below are some of the many testimonials from our visitors & clients…
“The event was great – some surprise wins, with enough free pizzas and energy drink to keep the buzz going all evening. Without giving away too much details, a company of funky sculptures and friendly team in guises of old-time favourite game characters greeted me in, and immediately there were retro games, matches, and give-aways happening. I would definitely check in again for events like this, or any others live plays in different game genres. It totally made me look forward to Techvana’s grand opening!” – Hayley Kim
“Mark, Katie and the team at Techvana were awesome. I needed some specific period tech props and through their vast collection they totally sorted me out. Unique items in great condition. I also made a last minute request for a 1980’s style mind reading helmet prop to be made. An all nighter by Dinith later and what they came up with was truly next level.” – Angus Kerr, Art Director, Studio RA
“Even a Week later the students who came to the museum are still buzzing about the event. Many students have come to me independently to express their gratitude for being able to attend and some have gone as far as to say this is the best school trip I have been on” – Michael J Billington Director Digital Design Murrays Bay Intermediate.
“It’s really cool how after watching documentaries about people and the previously used technologies and actually getting to see them hands on” – Student, Murrays Bay Intermediate.
“Half of the things that you get to see here I have only got to see them on the internet but you never really get to see them up close and this is much more enriching” – Student, Murrays Bay Intermediate.
Digital Nationz Feedback :